Hardy's HI 4060 is a compact, single-feeder, closed-loop rate controller for use in a variety of applications, including auger, belt, and vibratory-based feeders, converting them from volumetric to gravimetric.
Take the HI4060 for a Test Drive. Click Here!
After supplying excitation to the load sensors and digitizing the weight signal, the rate controller provides an analog output to control the feeder speed and adjusts this signal based on the required rate at which the feeder is losing weight. The HI 4060 can communicate this information in real-time to a PLC or a PC to control the entire process.
The HI 4060 loss-in-weight rate controller features:
- Automatic closed loop control: continuously adjusts the feeder to deliver the desired feed rate
- True five-point automatic rate calibration: produces high feed accuracy for a wide range of feed rates
- Multiple configuration storage: stores hundreds of different system configurations
- Automatic feeder refill: starts and stops refilling without interrupting the feeding of material
- Convenient manual mode: allows manual speed control, with the switch to automatic control at the touch of a button
- Various alarms, including rate tolerance and disturbance
- Embedded web server for remote access
- Communications: optional DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Remote I/O, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, and Analog
The HI 4060 is a powerful building block when it comes to multiple feeder systems. It can act as a primary controller to multiple secondary controllers or as a secondary device to other HI 4060s, HI 4050s, or other process inputs.
The HI 4060 rate controller features the Hardy Process Toolbox, a set of productivity tools that support process weighing functions. Each tool saves time, increases accuracy, improves efficiency, or reduces risk in process weighing applications.
- WAVERSAVER® to eliminate the effects of surrounding vibration for fast, stable weight display
- C2® electronic calibration without test weights
- A Secure Digital (SD) Memory Module card for fast transfer of configuration data
- INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN® for system diagnostics and troubleshooting
Visit our Case Studies or Application Notes on feeder control to learn more. Hardy’s process weighing solutions are easy to install, configure, commission, and operate. They are easy to maintain and save you time, money, raw materials, and/or finished product. Contact a Hardy rep today!
To order an HI 4060, use our Ordering the HI 4050 or HI 4060 Made Easy Guide and the worksheet in the Documentation tab above.
- 64x128 LCD display with backlight
- Sliding in single unit increments
- Keeps track of the amount of ingredient dispensed
- Ethernet: 10/100base T; embedded web server
- Serial RS 232: simplex to printer or to remote scoreboard
Stable Weight Reading
- WAVERSAVER® 0.25Hz minimum
- C2® electronic calibration
- Traditional calibration with test weights
- Seconds, minutes, and hours
Units of Measure
- lb, oz, ton, kg, g, mt
- Batch, continuous, manual, automatic
Load Point Excitation
- 5VDC power drives up to eight 350-ohm load cells
- Eight configurable, non-isolated
- Allows rate setpoint to be adjusted by an external analog input
- 0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC
Control Output (1)
- User selectable
- 0-20mA, 4-20mA, 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC
Analog Outputs (3)
- Transmits weight or actual rate
- 4-20mA, 0-5VDC or 0-10VDC
- AC: 110-240VAC, 47-63Hz
- DC: 24VDC
- 10 watts max
- -10° to +40°C (14° to 104°F)
- PM: -30° to +70°C (-22° to 158°F)
- DR: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Panel/remote mount
- DIN mount (blind)
- Wall mount
- Front panel: 4”h x 7”w x .725”d (101.6h x 177.8w x 18.4d mm)
- Housing: 4.00”h x 5.65”w x 3.13”d (101.6h x 143.5w x 79.4d mm)
- Wall mount: 11.50”h x 8.28”w x 5.54”d (292.1h x 210.3w x 140.6d mm)
- EtherNet/IP (ODVA)
- DeviceNet (ODVA)
- RIO Allen-Bradley Remote I/O
- Two-year warranty against defects in workmanship
All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please contact the Hardy factory or visit our website for the latest specifications.
The Hardy Process Toolbox is a set of productivity tools that support industrial weighing functions. Each tool saves time, increases accuracy, improves efficiency, or reduces risk in process weighing applications, including WAVERSAVER® to eliminate vibration, C2® electronic calibration, and Integrated Technician® to name just a few.
The HI 4060 features the following Toolbox technologies:
WAVERSAVER® Vibration Eliminator
Hardy's WAVERSAVER core technology eliminates the effects that surrounding vibration has on the scale weight signal, providing only true data for fast, accurate weight reading.
INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN® Operator Diagnostics
Hardy's INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN (IT) core feature helps you troubleshoot your weighing system and diagnose problems from the front of the instrument or via the PLC. These tests display system weights, voltages, and pass/fail displays to help isolate a problem to the instrument, cabling, or sensors, helping to reduce maintenance costs.
Embedded Web Server
Access your instrument from any computer browser, easing setup and making diagnostics fast and easy. Use the Embedded Web Server to set up all parameters from anywhere on the Ethernet network.
Secure Memory Module Stores Configuration Data
Hardy's Secure Memory Module (SMM) uses a standard SD card to automatically back up critical weighing system data, allowing you to transfer it to another like controller in a few minutes. You can also use the card to easily back up your controller data onto a PC.
WAVERSAVER+ Noise Suppression
WAVERSAVER+ allows a systems operator to apply a filter to eliminate the effects of noise on a weighing system.
FEED-MASTER is a set of software controls designed to control volumetric and gravimetric feeders.