Now Available with PROFINET Communications
The HI 4050+ is a fast, high-resolution weight controller that helps to reduce your labor content, speed your production throughput, and improve the quality and safety of your end product. The HI 4050+ acts as a front end weight controller to a PLC, PC, or DCS system. It also operates as a standalone weight controller or monitor.
Fast and stable weight readings
With a selectable update rate of 100 or 250 updates per second, WAVERSAVER conditioning, and Hardy's new WAVERSAVER+ (patent pending adaptive filtering algorithms), the HI 4050+ displays accurate, stable rate readings fast. With a processed weight resolution of 1:30,000 and an addressable resolution of 1:100,000, the HI 4050+ offers precise weight readings.
Book a One-on-One Virtual Demo to See the HI 4050+ in action!
Take it for an Online Test Drive
The HI 4050+ features modular configuration to suit your applications:
- Specify it with or without a display
- Choose either AC or DC power
- Add the Digital I/O option that’s right for you
- Select a communication network: EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, or Analog
Small Footprint – The HI 4050+ Series controller is designed to optimize panel space and depth is only 76.2 mm (3 in).
Easy to Install – No special tools or expertise is required. Just drill five to nine standard holes in your panel, and attach the front panel keyboard display. There is no rectangular cutout required. The controller housing can be attached to the rear of the panel or remotely up to 100 feet away to a DIN rail. Choose between a panel/remote mount, a DIN rail mount, and a wall mount.
Easy Setup – Use the embedded Webserver to set up instrument parameters from anywhere on the Ethernet network. Setup is quick and easy with the front panel keys and LCD display. A Rockwell Add-On-Profile (AOP) makes it easy to configure with RSLogix.
Accessibility – The embedded Ethernet communications port in the HI 4050 weight controller enables users to easily share data across a production facility, eliminating the time and costs associated with new network wiring. You can even transfer configuration data easily from one unit to another using the secure memory module (SMM).
The HI 4050+ weight controller includes the Hardy Process Toolbox with critical core features:
- Secure Memory Module (SMM®-SD) to automatically store configuration data, and easily transfer it from one weight controller to another
- C2® Electronic Calibration without test weights
- INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN® to troubleshoot and diagnose your weighing system
- WAVERSAVER® to eliminate surrounding vibration and obtain fast, accurate weight readings
- WAVERSAVER+ adaptive filtering algorithm to optimize fast weight readings in adverse conditions
Visit our Case Studies or Application Notes on industrial weighing to learn more. Hardy’s process weighing solutions are easy to install, configure, commission, and operate. They are easy to maintain and save you time, money, raw materials, and/or finished product.
To order an HI 4050, use our Ordering the HI 4050 or HI 4060 Made Easy guide and the worksheet in the docs and downloads section.
- Legal for Trade 1:10,000
- Stable Processed Weight 1:30,000
- Maximum Displayed Resolution 1:999,999
- Maximum addressable Resolution 1:8,388,608
Selectable Update Rate
- Display, communications, and weight processing: 110 or 250 times per second
- Unprocessed weight (A/D conversion): 4800 times per second
- 64x128 LCD display with backlight
- Sliding up to 250 readings in single unit increments
- Display: 1:985,000 (3mV/V load cells)
- Internal: 1:1,048,000
- Ethernet: 10/100base T; embedded web server
- Serial RS 232: simplex to printer or to remote scoreboard
Stable Weight Reading
- WAVERSAVER® 0.25Hz minimum to 25.0 Hz maximum
- WAVERSAVER+ patent pending dynamic algorithm improves stability of static weight readings by 3X
- C2® electronic calibration without test weights
- Traditional calibration with test weights
Units of Measure
- Lb, lb/oz, oz, ton, kg, g, t
- Four optional 5 to 24VDC (DIO)
- Gross, net, available rate-of-change (ROC)
Load Point Excitation
- 5VDC power drives up to eight 350-ohm load cells
- Three mappable, non-isolated
- Three optional mappable, isolated (DIO)
- AC: 110-240VAC, 47-63Hz
- DC: 24VDC
- 10 watts max
- HI4050-AC: -10° to +40°C (14° to 104°F)
- HI4050-DC: -10° to +60°C (14° to 140°F)
- PM: -30° to +70°C (-22° to 158°F)
- DR: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
- Panel/remote mount
- DIN mount
- Stainless steel wall mount
- Front panel: 4”h x 7”w x .725”d (101.6h x 177.8w x 18.4d mm)
- Housing: 2.98”h x 5.65”w x 3”d (75.7h x 143.5w x 76.2d mm)
- Wall mount: 11.50”h x 8.28”w x 5.54”d (292.1h x 210.3w x 140.6d mm)
- CE, NTEP, Canada Weights & Measures
- UL/CUL, CB Scheme
- Intertek Hazardous Certification: Hazardous Class I, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D, T4A and Class II, Division 2, Groups F, G, T4A, Class III
- EtherNet/IP approval from ODVA
- PROFINET approval from PII
- RoHS3 and REACH
- Two-year warranty against defects in workmanship
All specifications are subject to change without notice. Please contact the Hardy factory or visit our website for the latest specifications.
The Hardy Process Toolbox is a set of productivity tools that support industrial weighing functions. Each tool saves time, increases accuracy, improves efficiency, or reduces risk in process weighing applications, including WAVERSAVER® to eliminate vibration, C2® electronic calibration, and Integrated Technician® to name just a few.
The HI 4050 features the following Toolbox technologies:
C2® (or eCAL) Electronic Calibration
The Hardy C2® (or eCAL as it is known in China) core feature provides quick and easy electronic calibration of a weighing system without the need for heavy test weights.
INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN® Operator Diagnostics
Hardy's INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN (IT) core feature helps you troubleshoot your weighing system and diagnose problems from the front of the instrument or via the PLC. These tests display system weights, voltages, and pass/fail displays to help isolate a problem to the instrument, cabling, or sensors, helping to reduce maintenance costs.
WAVERSAVER® vibration eliminator
Hardy's WAVERSAVER core technology eliminates the effects that surrounding vibration has on the scale weight signal, providing only true data for fast, accurate weight reading.
A patent pending dynamic algorithm that improves the stability of static weight readings by 3X.
Embedded Web Server
Access your instrument from any computer browser, easing setup and making diagnostics fast and easy. Use the Embedded Web Server to set up all parameters from anywhere on the Ethernet network.
Secure Memory Module Stores Configuration Data
Hardy's Secure Memory Module (SMM) uses a standard SD card to automatically back up critical weighing system data, allowing you to transfer it to another like controller in a few minutes. You can also use the card to easily back up your controller data onto a PC.