The new HI8200IS is a high-performance weighing instrument designed to operate in all Classes, Divisions, and Groups* in accordance with U.S. UL and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and with CAN Standards.
This instrument features two available power options: AC line power for permanent installation in the hazardous area; or high-performance external rechargeable battery packs that are easy to switch out for recharging in a safe area. For continuous battery power, maintaining multiple batteries allows for fast swapping in/out. This instrument has an optional serial communication interface delivered over two Fiber Optic ports to bring data out to a Safe Area or to daisy chain the instruments to an optional Remote Display.
The HI 8200IS is an advanced indicator with checkweighing features. The instrument is ideal for manufacturing processes where equipment operates near flammable gases; flammable or combustible liquid-produced vapors; combustible dusts or ignitable fibers; or flyings.
The HI 8200IS is extremely versatile for a range of environments and weighing demands. With both battery or AC power options, it can serve everywhere from on-site testing where portable battery-powered equipment is required to large manufacturing facilities that facilitate permanent AC installation. Specific applications and environments include fuel refineries, machinery maintenance, chemical plants, chemical storage, distilleries, and textile manufacturing.
This instrument supports up to four 350-ohm load cells with an intrinsically safe HI8JBX junction box, ideal for interface with IS-certified floor scales or tank and hopper scales. The instrument features IP6X, 304 stainless steel construction ideal for heavy washdown and resistance to many chemicals, dust, and corrosion.
UL Intrinsically Safe (IS)
Certified in all Classes, Divisions, and Groups in accordance with U.S. UL and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and with CAN Standards. The indicators are also certified IP6X against hazardous dust and fine particles that can ignite.
Two Power Options
AC line power for permanent installation in the safe or hazardous area; or high-performance external rechargeable battery pack that is easy to remove for recharging in the safe area. For continuous battery power, maintaining multiple batteries allows for fast swapping in/out.
304 Stainless Steel Construction
Ideal for heavy washdown and resistance to many chemicals, dust, and corrosion.
* Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C and D, Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F and G, Class III
UL Certificate Number:
- Class I, Division 1, Groups A, B, C, and D
- Class II, Division 1, Groups E, F, and G
- Class III
- 304 SS Stainless Steel
- 10” W x 6.75” H x 3.5” D without battery
- IP6X Temperature Range • 14 F to 104F (-10 C to +40 C)
- 8CHG only: 14 F to 86 F (-10 C to +30 C)
Altitude, Humidity, Pollution Degree
- Up to 2000 meters
- Maximum relative humidity 95%, non-condensing
- Pollution degree: 2
- 200d to 100,000d
- A/D: 24-bit
Number of Load Cells
- Up to 4 at 350 Ω 4 to 6 wire input
Analog Signal Sensitivity
- 0.16 μV/e minimum, 0.5μV/e typical
- 0.01% full scale
Load Cell Entity Parameters
- Load cells must be certified for appropriate hazardous area and entity parameters. See note #1 on Control Drawing 0594-0013
- Uo 7.14 V, Io 0.7076 A, Po 0.895 W, Co 10.8 uF, Lo 71 uH
- Calibrate between 2% and 100% of capacity
- 100 VAC 50/60 Hz
UL Battery Option
- Rechargeable Sealed Lead Acid Battery
- Charging time 36 for 8 hours of continuous use, 1000 recharge cycles
- One 1"H, 6 digit backlit LED Display
- lb, kg, oz, g, lb:oz
- 1 to 999,999 lb
- Fiber Optic to RS-232
Output Remote Switch Inputs
- Two remote switch inputs