HI 1756-FC ControlLogix PLC Weigh Feeder
Used in new applications or to retrofit volumetric feeders, the HI 1756-FC feeder control module mounts directly into your ControlLogix® chassis and controls many standard feeding devices as well as your proprietary designs.
Worry Free Operation
The HI 1756-FC feeder control module will watch your process and notify you of problems. Prompts on your system’s HMI display and PLC alarm relay outputs occur with tolerance errors and other failures.
Multiple Feeder Control
The HI 1756-FC is a powerful building block when it comes to multiple feeder systems. It can be a slave to other process inputs through the ControlLogix® processor.
Automatic Rate and Weight Calibration
A five-point auto rate calibration automatically allows the module to calibrate itself to the characteristics of the feeder and the material being fed. This allows for a higher feed accuracy over a broader range of feed rates.
Rockwell Integrated Architecture Builder (IAB)
Spec out and design your system for optimal productivity, increasing speed and simplifying integration with the click of a mouse.
Download Rockwell Automation Integrated Architecture Builder
Rockwell ControlLogix Add-on-Profile (AOP)
Quickly and easily configure the HI 1756-FC for your application through PLC software on a PC.
Download HI 1756-FC AOP files
Sample Ladder Logic Code
Hardy provides sample ladder logic building blocks of code that can easily be inserted into existing code to quickly program the feeder system application.
Download sample programs for the HI 1756-FC (zip file)
Visit our Case Studies or Application Notes on feeder control to learn more.
Hardy’s process weighing solutions are easy-to-install, configure, commission and operate. They are easy-to-maintain and save you time, money, raw materials and/or finished product.
• Provided from the backplane of the rack
• < 1 Amp @ 5Vdc 5W
• <0.0125 Amp 0.3W @ 24Vdc with four 350 ohm L.C.
• Keeps track of the amount of ingredient dispensed
• Seconds, minutes and hours
Units of Measure
• lb, oz, ton, kg, g, mt
• Batch, continuous
• Signal: -2.5mV through +17.56mVdc
• Sense: + 5Vdc
• C2, Electronic Calibration
• Excitation 5Vdc to +8.75Vdc
Common Mode Rejection
• 100dB at or below 60Hz (minimum)
• Internal, 1:8,388,608
• 100 updates per second
• 1-255 user selectable in single increments
Vibration Frequency Rejection
• 0.25 Hz and above in 5 selectable steps, and OFF
I/O Chassis Location
• Any single I/O chassis slot
• Operating Temperature: 0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
• Storage Temperature: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)
• 5 to 95% (non-condensing)
• Net, Gross
• Electronic (C2)
• Traditional (test weights)
Automatic Rate Calibration
• 1.1 lb (0.5kg)
• "OK", Module Status, LED
• "Scale 1”, Functional Data, LED
• CE (pending)
• Two-year warranty against defects in workmanship
All specifications subject to change without notice. Please contact the Hardy factory or visit our website for the latest specifications.
-RTA Remote Terminal Assembly, supports 2 single or 1 dual scale module
-C6 Pre-wired 6 ft / 1.8m cable from module to RT single scale
-DC6 Pre-wired 6 ft / 1.8m cable from module to RT dual scale