HI 4050+ Weight Controller
The HI 4050+ is a fast, high-resolution weight controller that helps to reduce your labor content, speed your production throughput, and improve the quality and safety of your end product. The HI 4050+ acts as a front end weight controller to a PLC, PC or DCS system. It also operates as a standalone weight controller or monitor.
FAST & STABLE WEIGHT READINGS
With a selectable update rate of 100 or 250 updates per second, WAVERSAVER conditioning and Hardy's new WAVERSAVER+ (patent pending adaptive filtering algorithms), the HI 4050+ displays accurate, stable rate readings fast. With a processed weight resolution of 1:30,000 and an addressable resolution of 1:100,000, the HI 4050+ offers precise weight readings.
Access a Live Demo of the HI 4050.
The HI 4050+ features modular configuration to suit your applications:
- Specify it with or without a display
- Choose either AC or DC power
- Add the Digital I/O option that’s right for you
- Select a communication network: EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Allen-Bradley Remote I/O, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, or Analog
Small Footprint – The HI 4050+ Series controller is designed to optimize panel space and depth is only 76.2 mm (3 in).
Easy to Install - No special tools or expertise is required. Just drill five to nine standard holes in your panel, and attach the front panel keyboard display. There is no rectangular cutout required. The controller housing can be attached to the rear of the panel or remotely up to 100 feet away to a DIN rail. Choose between a panel/remote mount, a DIN rail mount, and a wall mount.
Use the embedded Webserver to set up instrument parameters from anywhere on the Ethernet network. Setup is quick and easy with the front panel keys and LCD display. A Rockwell Add-On-Profile (AOP) makes it easy to configure with RSLogix.
Accessibility – The embedded Ethernet communications port in the HI 4050 weight controller enables users to easily share data across a production facility, eliminating the time and costs associated with new network wiring. You can even transfer configuration data easily from one unit to another using the secure memory module (SMM).
The HI 4050+ weight controller includes the Hardy Process Toolbox with critical core features:
- Secure Memory Module (SMM®-SD) to automatically store configuration data, and easily transfer it from one weight controller to another
- C2® Electronic Calibration without test weights
- INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN® to troubleshoot and diagnose your weighing system
- WAVERSAVER® to eliminate surrounding vibration and obtain fast, accurate weight readings
Visit our Case Studies or Application Notes on industrial weighing to learn more. Hardy’s process weighing solutions are easy-to-install, configure, commission and operate. They are easy-to-maintain and save you time, money, raw materials and/or finished product.
To order an HI 4050, use our Ordering the HI 4050 or HI 4060 Made Easy guide and the worksheet in the docs and downloads section.
• Legal for Trade 1:10,000
• Stable Processed Weight 1:30,000
• Maximum Displayed Resolution 1:999,999
• Maximum addressable Resolution 1:8,388,608
Selectible Update Rate
• Display, communications and weight processing: 110 or 250 times per second
• Unprocessed weight (A/D conversion): 4800 times per second
• 64x128 LCD display with backlight
• Sliding up to 250 readings in single unit increments
• Display: 1:985,000 (3mV/V load cells)
• Internal: 1:1,048,000
• Ethernet: 10/100base T; embedded web server
• Serial RS 232: simplex to printer or to remote scoreboard
Stable Weight Reading
• WAVERSAVER® 0.25Hz minimum to 25.0 Hz maximum
• WAVERSAVER+ patent pending dynamic algorithym improves stability of static weight readings by 3X
• C2® electronic calibration without test weights
• Traditional calibration with test weights
Units of Measure
• Lb, lb/oz, oz, ton, kg, g, t
• Four optional 5 to 24VDC (DIO)
• Gross, net, available rate-of-change (ROC)
Load Point Excitation
• 5VDC power drives up to eight 350-ohm load cells
• Three mappable, non-isolated
• Three optional mappable, isolated (DIO)
• AC: 110-240VAC, 47-63Hz
• DC: 24VDC
• 10 watts max
• -10° to +40°C (14° to 104°F)
• PM: -30° to +70°C (-22° to 158°F)
• DR: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
• Panel/remote mount
• DIN mount
• Stainless steel wall mount
• Front panel: 4”h x 7”w x .725”d
(101.6h x 177.8w x 18.4d mm)
• Housing: 2.98”h x 5.65”w x 3”d
(75.7h x 143.5w x 76.2d mm)
• Wall mount: 11.50”h x 8.28”w x 5.54”d
(292.1h x 210.3w x 140.6d mm)
• CE, NTEP, Canada Weights & Measures
• UL/CUL, CB Scheme
• Two-year warranty against defects in workmanship
All specifications subject to change without notice. Please contact
the Hardy factory or visit our website for the latest specifications.
-PM Panel or remote mount
-PMWS Stainless steel wall mount with display
-DR DIN rail (blind)
-DRWS Stainless steel blind wall mount
-AC AC power
-DC DC power
-RIO Allen-Bradley Remote I/O
-4ANA/B Four independent Analog out
-MD Modbus TCP/IP
-PB Profibus DP
-DIO Digital I/O
Use the handy Ordering the HI 4050 or HI 4060 Made Easy guide and the worksheet in the Documents and Downloads section to place an order today!