HI 1756-WS and 1756-2WS
Single and Dual ControlLogix® Weigh Scale Modules
Hardy’s single (HI 1756-WS) and dual (HI-1756-2WS) are weigh scale modules that mount directly into an Allen-Bradley ControlLogix® PLC Chassis. They read weight and diagnostic data from one set or two separate sets of strain gauge load sensors or load cells and communicate this data over the I/O chassis backplane to the ControlLogix Processor.
Super Easy Integration
- Free Add-On-Profiles
- Free Faceplates/AOIs for HMIs
- Direct Back-plane Connectivity
The HI 1756-WS and 2WS condition and digitize the weight signals and then transmit the selectable Gross, Net and/or Rate-of-Change data to the PLC processor. High data resolution allow the modules to tolerate large dead loads and over sizing of the load sensors while retaining a high level of usable resolution.
The modules supply 5 volts of DC excitation to drive up to four 350 ohm load sensors or load cells associated with a single scale (four additional for the 2WS scale). They will support additional load cells with an external power supply.
The HI 1756-WS and 2WS both support the use of the producer/consumer technology in the ControlLogix® system to transmit data. This type of communications is an intelligent data exchange in the system where the module produces data without having to be polled.
Hardy’s process weighing solutions are easy-to-install, configure, commission and operate. They are easy-to-maintain and save you time, money, raw materials and/or finished product. Visit our Case Studies or Application Notes to learn more.
Rockwell Add-On-Profile (AOP)
Quickly and easily configure the HI 1756-WS or 2WS for your application through PLC software on a PC. An HMI face plate makes the modules incredibly easy to use with common weighing functions built in.
• Provided from the backplane of the rack: +5Vdc, +24Vdc
• < 1 Amp @ 5Vdc 5W
• < 0.0125 Amp 0.3 @ 24Vdc with 4 350 ohm L.C.
• Signal: -0.3mV through +15.3 mVdc
• Sense: +5Vdc
• C2® Electronic Calibration
• Excitation 5Vdc to 8.75Vdc
Common Mode Rejection
• 100dB at or below 60 Hz (minimum)
• Internal, 1:8,388,608
• 50 updates per second
Vibration Frequency Rejection
• 0.25 Hz and above in 5 selectable steps
• 1.1 lb (0.5 kg)
• Operating Temperature: 0 to 60°C (32 to 140°F)
• Storage Temperature: -40 to 85°C (-40 to 185°F)
• 5 to 95% (non-condensing)
• Net, Gross, Rate-of-Change
• Electronic (C2)
• Traditional (test weights)
• 1-255 user selectable in single increments
• “OK” Module Status, tri-color LED
• “Scale 1” Functional Data, tri-color LED
• “Scale 2” Functional Data, tri-color LED
• UL, CUL, CE
• Two-year warranty against defects in workmanship
All specifications subject to change without notice. Please contact the Hardy factory or visit our website for the latest specifications.
• Remote Termination Assembly (-RTA)
The weigh scale module optional Remote Termination Assembly provides connection points between the cable assembly to the module and individual wires from the junction box, or load sensors, of up to two scales. The RTA is designed for standard DIN mounting rails or standoffs. With an HI 1756-RTA configuration, the weigh scale modules can be replaced without disturbing the wiring.
• Cable (-C6 -DC6)
Hardy provides an optional 6-foot (1.8m) cable assembly from the weigh scale module to the remote termination assembly for both single and dual configuration.