HI 1746-WS Weigh Scale Module
The only weight processor for the Allen-Bradley SLC 500 series!
The HI 1746-WS Weigh Scale Module is a self-contained microprocessor-based I/O module with control inputs and outputs. The HI 1746-WS is designed to be easily plugged into the back plane of an Allen-Bradley SLC 5/02, 5/03, 5/04 or 5/05 programmable controller. The HI 1746-WS supports a wide variety of process weighing applications such as batching/blending, filling/dispensing, check weighing, force measurement, level by weight and weight rate monitoring.
The module can control two (2) relays via two (2) TTL level outputs and transmits data via the backplane to the SLC. A 20 bit A-D converter with 980,000 counts of display resolution gives the instrument the ability to tolerate large “dead” loads, oversizing of load cells/sensors and to provide accurate weight measurement and control.
To calibrate the module, simply push the front panel “Button” to effect a C2 calibration (electronic), or you can implement a C2,“Hard” (traditional with test weights) or “Soft (manual load cell data) through the processor.
The HI 1746-WS is IT-enabled, which means the module has a built in IT excitation monitor to detect load cell wiring problems, and with the addition of the optional HI 215IT Junction Box or HI 6010 Summing Box the user can use the other IT functions for fault isolation and troubleshooting of the weighing system. The optional Hardy HI WS100 configuration software makes for easy system setup.
Visit our case studies to learn more about industrial weighing applications.
• Provided from the SLC 500 rack: +5Vdc
• 1,000 dc minimum isolation from backplane logic circuitry
• < 0.2 Amps with four 350 ohm or 1,000 ohm load sensors
• Signal: -0.5mV through +16.5 mV
• Sense: ±5Vdc ±5%
• C2 Second Generation Calibration data
• INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN (IT), mv, mV/V weight, rsistance in ohms, excitation current
• Excitation 5Vdc ±5% 1.15w max
• INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN (IT) reference control
Common Mode Rejection
• 100dB at or below 60 Hz
• 20-bit A/D resolution (985,000 counts of displayed resolution over -0.5 to +16mV range)
• 20 updates per second
• Two independent TTL level drive signals
• Single slot (local or remote rack)
• SLC 502, 503, 504, 505
Vibration Frequency Rejection
• 0.25 Hz and above in 5 selectable steps
• 1.1 lb (0.5 kg)
• Net, Gross, Rate-of-Change (ROC)
• Electronic (C2)
• Traditional (test weights)
• CE, UL, CUL
• Two-year warranty against defects in workmanship
All specifications subject to change without notice. Please contact the Hardy factory or visit our website for the latest specifications.
HI WS100 Configuration Software
This Windows based configuration software runs on a PC connected to the Allen-Bradley(R) SLC 500 Processor via a serial link.
Interfacing with the software is easier than writing code in ladder logic, allowing the user to:
•Configure the HI 1746-WS weigh Scale Module(s)
•Calibrate the weighing system
•Configure the two module setpoints
•Read data from the C2(R) Load Sensors
•Troubleshoot the weighing system using the INTEGRATED TECHNICIAN(R) FUNCTIONS