Give Your Check Weighing an EDGE
How important is using a Hardy Check Weighing bundle in your process?
We’ve done the math for you:
- Your system produces 250 cans packs per minute with an uptime of 85%/year.
- Overfill is 2 grams per pack.
- Product cost of $0.001 per gram.
- Overfill cost per year = $223,380
- Reduction of just 1 gram overfill per pack =$111,690 savings per year.
The high speed HI 4050CW check weighing system can process up to 250 high resolution (1:30:000) weight measurements per second. The 4050CW consists of a special version of the HI 4050 weight controller connected to up to four analog load cells and a Hardy junction box.
The HI 4050CW is perfect for building new systems for either static or dynamic check weighing or retrofitting the weight electronics of older, less reliable systems.
The 4050CW breaks the traditional analog strain gauge “speed barrier”, without the cost of MFR (Magnetic Force Restoration or other similar high speed/resolution technologies) yet it still delivers accuracies of up to 0.01% of full sensor capacity.
A HI 4050CW system is made of Commercially Available Off the Shelf (COTS) parts that are easy to understand, maintain and troubleshoot. Connect to your plant-wide system using standard protocols such as EtherNet/IP, Devicenet, ControlNet, Allen-Bradley® Remote I/O, Profibus-DP, Modbus TCP/IP, or Analog. It features a lower Total Cost of Ownership because it's simple to use, calibrate, integrate, and maintain. A Rockwell Add-On-Profile makes it easy to configure with RSLogix.
AUTOMATIC EDGE DETECTION:
Smart features of the HI 4050CW include EDGE detection, an algorithm that optimizes when weight readings are captured:
- Automatic EDGE detection starts weight processing the instant a load settles onto the scale by monitoring changes in the signal waveform from connected load point.
- Also works in conjunction with up to two additional external sensors such as photo-eyes to optimize process timing of weight readings.
Connect the HI 4050CW to up to four ADVANTAGE® load points and a Hardy IT junction box for high speed, high resolution weight readings compatible with C2 calibration
Visit our Case Studies
or Application Notes
on check weighing to learn more.
Hardy’s process weighing solutions are easy-to-install, configure, commission and operate. They are easy-to-maintain and save you time, money, raw materials and/or finished product. Contact a rep today!
• Stable processed weight 1:30:000
• Maximum Displayed Resolution: 1:999,999
• Internal Resolution 1:8,388,608
• Processed weight, display, communications: 110 or 250
updates per sec.
• Unprocessed weight (A/D conversion: 4800 times per sec.
• > 0.025% F.S. of sensor*
• Analog: Depends on load point selection
• Sliding up to 250 readings in single unit increments
• Ethernet: 10/100base T; embedded web server
• Serial RS 232: simplex to printer or to remote scoreboard
Stable Weight Reading
• WAVERSAVER® - user selectable .25 Hz to 25.0 Hz
• WAVERSAVER+ patent pending adaptive filtering improves by 3X the stability of static weight readings
• C2 weightless calibration
• Traditional 2-point calibration with test weights
• 64x128 LCD display with backlight
Units of Measure
• Lb, lb/oz, oz, ton, kg, g, t
• Four optional 5 to 24VDC (-DIO)
• Gross, Net
Load Point Excitation
• Three mappable, non-isolated
• Three optional mappable, isolated (-DIO)
• AC: 110-240VAC, 47-63Hz
• DC: 24VDC
• 10 watts max
• -10° to +40°C (14° to 104°F)
• PM: -30° to +70°C (-22° to 158°F)
• DR: -40° to +85°C (-40° to 185°F)
• Panel/remote mount, DIN mount, or Stainless steel wall mount
• Front panel: 4”h x 7”w x .725”d (101.6h x 177.8w x 18.4d mm)
• Housing: 2.98”h x 5.65”w x 3”d (75.7h x 143.5w x 76.2d mm)
• Wall mount: 11.5”h x 8.28”w x 5.54”d (292h x 210.3w x 140.6d mm)
• UL/CUL, CE certification (on instrument only)
• Certification on digital interface card pending
• Class 1, Div 2, Groups A-D
• Two-year warranty against defects in workmanship
*Specification varies based on system conditions; and type, weight, and dimension of product. All specifications subject to change without notice. Please contact the Hardy factory or visit our website for the latest specifications.
WAVERSAVER, C2, IT, ADVANTAGE and ANY-WEIGH are registered trademarks of Hardy Process Solutions, Inc. Allen-Bradley and Encompass are trademarks
of Rockwell Automation, Inc. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
HI 4050CW Options
-PM Panel or remote mount
-DR DIN rail (blind)
-AC AC power
-DC DC power
-MD Modbus TCP/IP
-4ANA/B Four independent Analog out
Analog Load Points
- Up to four Hardy Advantage load points connected to any HI 6020IT or HI 6010IT junction box. Selection varies---contact your local Hardy representative with your application requirements.